National Flex Day (#NationalFlexDay) is on Tuesday, October 17th! We invite you to celebrate with us by entering our contest to share what work flexibility means to you.
Starting this year, 1 Million for Work Flexibility is honored to host National Flex Day, carrying forward the torch that was lit by Working Mother five years ago. We view it as an opportunity to unite employers and workers across the country in an effort to raise awareness about the importance and power that flexible work can have for the good of both our businesses and our society.
To do this, we ask that everyone—including you!—share their own reasons for why they need or want work flexibility and how having it would help their lives and make them more resilient, productive workers.
Everyone needs flex for different reasons, and in different ways. Over the years, we’ve heard many reasons and ways, but to increase the volume on this issue we are asking everyone to share their personal wish or need that would help make their work and life be more compatible.
What does work flexibility mean to you? Does it mean full freedom over your schedule and location of work? Does it mean the ability to work from home or switch around your hours once a week? Does it mean working from home occasionally? Does it mean having a part time schedule, or being part of a job-share? Does it mean phasing into retirement? Or something else altogether?
For a chance to win one of our great prizes, answer this question by leaving a comment below:
What does work flexibility mean to you?
Winners will be chosen at random to each receive one of our National Flex Day prizes from #1MFWF coalition members, including:
- Your choice of any Flexible Work Proposal Template Package from WorkOptions.com
- A one-year subscription to Working Mother Magazine
- One of five 3-month memberships to FlexJobs
- A $50 Visa eGift Card, courtesy of World Travel Holdings
- A $20 Amazon Gift Card, courtesy of Badger Maps, plus a Badger Maps 2-month free trial and demo
- A 45-minute virtual session with a career and work-life coach from Women, Work, and Life
- A 60-minute virtual special education consultation for a working parent with a special needs child, from Education Navigation
- One year of QuickBooks Self-Employed tax software from Intuit QBSE to help freelancers and independent contractors with their taxes
- One of five 1 Million for Work Flexibility water bottles
HOW TO ENTER:
- First, start off with a good answer in the comments below to the contest question, whether it’s one sentence or twenty!
- Then, to get an extra entry and double your chances, share this contest on Twitter! To get credit, be sure to include your Twitter handle within your comment below, and use the hashtag #supportworkflex in your Tweet.
DEADLINE TO ENTER:
Friday, October 20, at 11:59 p.m. ET
REQUIRED TO ENTER:
- Your first name
- Your email address (this will be kept private)
- You must have a U.S. mailing address to win
- Please note that by entering our contest, you will be added to the 1 Million for Work Flexibility count and will receive occasional news, updates, and information related to work flexibility (you can unsubscribe at any time).
HOW WE PICK A WINNER:
- Winners will be chosen by a random drawing after October 20
- You’ll be notified by email if you win (so make sure you leave a valid email address in the comments below!)
Note: Only answers that are on-topic and respectful will be published and entered.